This video introduces the Windows Admin Center. Windows Server 2019 is the first long-term service channel release to support this web-based management tool.
- [Instructor] I mentioned previously…that one of PowerShell's limitations…is that it doesn't have easy to view reports.…Let's take a look at an example.…If I go ahead and run PowerShell as an administrator…on this workstation, go ahead and say yes…so that we have permission.…I can run cmdlets to look at some of the basic…storage management information.…I can type Get-Disk and when I look at the results,…it will look very much like the bottom half…of the old disk management tool that we've seen before.…
If I were to run the cmdlet Get-Volume,…it'll give me information…that looks a lot like the top half.…The only problem is I can't do much with this information.…It's not like I can right click…on one of these lines of text and make any changes.…These are some of the limitations of working in PowerShell.…Here in the Admin Center however,…there's a little bit of a different story.…Let me go ahead and maximize this…and for now, let's go ahead and skip the tour.…
This is the Windows Admin Center.…During previous stages, it was known as Project Honolulu…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.