This video dives into Storage Spaces Direct architecture and how this included feature can create a highly available and highly resilient storage solution.
- [Narrator] I wanted to be sure and include a section…on a feature that was introduced in Windows Server 2016,…but has not been present in the semiannual releases…of Server in 2017 or 18.…I was really glad to see Storage Spaces Direct…included in Windows Server 2019 once again.…At its core, S2D is a clustering of hard drives.…Large environments need to use lots of servers to create…highly available redundant and fast solutions…for computing, network, and storage.…
And you may recall earlier in this course,…I mentioned that Storage Spaces Direct with Hyper-V…combined to create a hyperconverged infrastructure.…S2D is the storage component of that equation.…But I may be getting ahead of myself.…Let me back up, and describe what Storage Spaces Direct is…and what it does.…Storage Spaces Direct allows you to cluster multiple servers…specifically for storage purposes.…Let's say these three data center edition servers…have the fail-over clustering role…and the Hyper-V role installed.…
These three servers each have multiple physical drives…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.