This video is a demonstration of the installation and configuration of storage replica, a redundant storage solution for smaller Windows Server environments.
- [Instructor] Storage Spaces Direct…is a very robust storage solution…but not all environments need something…that's that intensive.…Networks that don't have large data centers…still need reliable and often redundant data…for high availability.…Often, however, a simple solution will do the trick.…Storage Replica is a feature that you can add…to a Windows 2019 Server Data Center Edition or Standard,…that's a change from Windows Server 2016.…
In Windows Server 2019, a Data Center Server…can replicate as many volumes as it likes…to other servers in the domain.…A Standard Edition server can still replicate…one volume from that server to another location.…Let's walk through the requirements…and how to set up Storage Replica within our network.…Here you can see I'm on my Windows 10 workstation.…I'm starting here because I'd like to use…the Windows Admin Center to do this work.…
And as we've demonstrated before,…the Windows Admin Center can be installed…and used from a workstation in the domain just fine.…So here I am in my domain.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.