Scott discusses Rights Management Services in this video as an add-on to ADFS that can protect files and communication from leaving your Active Directory network.
- [Instructor] One of the fairly common server roles…that takes advantage of federated identity…is the Rights Management Service role.…This is an on-premises server role…that can be used to protect the content…of your company's data and even email.…RMS uses federated identity to recognize users…and applies RMS templates to secure content…inside of files and emails.…There are already ways to secure entire documents in place…through sharing permissions and the like.…
What RMS adds is protection…over the content inside the document.…Using RMS templates you can disable buttons…and supported applications.…You can turn off save as and other buttons…that might allow content to leave your network.…You can even shutdown the forward option…on protected emails to prevent sensitive information…from being moved outside the organization.…This role is not new to Windows Server 2019.…It installs, configures, and runs the same…as it did in Windows Server 2016 and earlier.…
The reason I wanted to bring it up in this course…is right in line with the changes I mentioned…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.