This video combines the best practice of remotely administering servers and the convenience of using legacy tools by downloading and installing RSAT to a workstation.
- [Instructor] The Windows Admin Center…is a flexible tool for remotely managing Windows Servers.…But it doesn't yet have add-ins for administering…every Windows Server role and feature.…PowerShell can be used to perform just about any management…and administration task, locally or remotely.…But it lacks reporting tools…and despite the fact that PowerShell is over 20 years old,…there are still quite a few administrators…that have not taken the time to learn how to use it.…
The MMC style administrative tools…that can be added to a Windows Server…by simply checking boxes in the Server Manager…are not available by just loading a screen…and checking boxes on a Workstation.…They are available,…but they have to be downloaded from Microsoft.…There are only a couple of requirements…for these Remote Server Administration Tools,…as we look at downloading them here.…The first is that you have to be running Professional…or Enterprise editions…of the Windows Workstation operating system.…
That shouldn't be too big of a concern,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.