Learn how to administer Windows Servers and workstations from a distance using PowerShell remoting, including running isolated cmdlets and creating a remoting session.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…I said that PowerShell is possibly…the single most useful tool for managing…and administering Windows servers.…One of the features that makes that true…is PowerShell remoting.…Here we sit at a Windows 10 Enterprise workstation…that is joined to an active directory domain.…The servers in this domain are both running…Windows server 2019 and we're going to take a look…at how to use PowerShell to remotely manage those servers.…
Because being able to manage the machine where you sit…is one thing but that's a lot of unnecessary running around…if you have to go to the console of every single machine…that you need to administer.…Remoting is how you can manage or administer…another server or better yet all of the other servers…without leaving your workstation.…Remoting takes on two different forms.…Let me show you the first one.…Here in PowerShell, I can start a new session…where I'm actually remote controlling PowerShell…on the domain controller.…
Let me show you what I mean.…There's a command to take a look…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.