In this video, Scott shows, custom certificate templates as a solution to many of the identity and authentication needs inside an Active Directory environment.
- [Instructor] One of the conveniences…of using your own PKI…is the ability to create custom certificates…and to issue them on your terms.…In my courses on certificate services,…I walk through the process of configuring group policy…so we can tell all of the work stations…and users in the domain…to trust our certificate authority,…and how to pull certificates of their own…whenever they need it.…Here in the domains,…I'm going to open the default domain policy for editing,…and I'm going to go ahead and maximize this…and give us a little bit more room here.…
Under the computer configuration in policies,…Windows settings, security settings,…and public key policies,…there's a place right here where I can add…the certificate of my root authority…as a trusted authority,…and that information will go out to all of my users…and all of my computers.…I can also specify how computers and users…enroll for certificates…and when it's okay for them to enroll themselves…without any human intervention.…
This is all very convenient, but it requires you to create…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.