The first step in preparing a new installation of Windows Server are demonstrated here, using both the Server Manager in the desktop experience and PowerShell.
- [Instructor] Once the deployment…of a new server has been planned,…the installation itself if a pretty elementary task.…Unlike servers from long ago,…the installation of Windows servers today…only ask a small handful of questions.…And if the answers are known in advance,…installation is pretty smooth.…If you're prepared with the language preference,…the product key and whether or not you need…the desktop experience, the only configuration question…that you'll be asked is the size and the placement…of the install partition.…
And that size can even be modified…after the fact, if you need to.…The bare bones requirement here…is that you should have at least 32 gigabytes…for the install partition.…As we mentioned before, that minimum doesn't even account…for the desktop experience.…That's only for Core, which is now considered…the default install for Windows Servers.…Best practice is to consider starting…at double or more the stated minimum requirement.…Keep in mind that you're going…to be installing various roles and that you want this server…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.