This video describes roles and features in Windows Server 2019 that allow you to build Hyper-Converged Infrastructure solutions with included roles and features.
- [Instructor] Hyper-convergence…is one of those technologies that's become a buzzword…that continues to grow in popularity…and that isn't likely to end any time soon.…By definition, a Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, or HCI,…is the combination of computing, storage, and network…into a single solution.…One of the most obvious benefits…to this kind of simplification is…centralized management,…with conflicts eliminated or at least substantially reduced.…
In an HCI, you don't have separate management products…competing for control.…Also, among the most important benefits…are scalability and resiliency.…Now these may or may not be…part of the definition of hyper-convergence,…but they certainly determine…whether an HCI solution is worth implementing.…Now Microsoft has been working…on hyper-convergence for some time.…Computing and network were brought together…inside Windows Server with the introduction of Hyper-V.…
You could create virtual networks…connecting virtual machines that were managed in clusters.…Hyper-V was one product…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.