The Windows Server management and administration tools, built on the MMC, are still available in Windows Server 2019. See a demonstration of them in this video.
- [Instructor] There is something that I've observed…about Microsoft products over the past couple of decades.…While they are constantly innovating and improving…both the user and administrator experience,…there is always consideration for tradition.…With all of the new management…and administration style tools,…the MMC style tools are still available for the most part.…Some of the legacy control panels have given way…to the new interface that was debuted in Windows version 8.…
But for the most part, the administration tools…have remained largely unchanged.…Here in the server manager we still have a tools menu.…And in that list are the same tools…that we've become accustomed to using…for the past several years.…Whenever you use the server manager…to install a role or a feature,…you're prompted to add the administration tools…which includes PowerShell modules…as well as these GUI desktop experience tools.…
And as we look through this list,…we see the tools for every role that we have installed.…This is a domain controller,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Roles and features
- Upgrades and migration
- Defender and Firewall
- Windows Admin Center
- Planning sites and services
- Environments: hybrid cloud hyper-converged
- Identity and access roles
- Staying up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: Storage Serviceswith Robert McMillen3h 16m Intermediate
What you should already know1m 55s
1. Getting Started
2. Management and Administration
3. Windows Server Environments
4. Storage Solutions
5. Identity and Access Roles
7. Going Forward
Windows Insider program4m 2s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.