Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Delegated administration, part of Windows Server 2012 R2: Configure Advanced Network Services.
- View Offline
- Next, we're going to go ahead…and look at delegating administration of DNS servers.…Normally, one person in a particular organization…is responsible for managing the DNS servers.…However, in larger organizations,…it may be necessary to spread that responsibility…over a larger group of people.…One way to do this is by assigning specific DNS tasks…to a person without giving them…administrative rights to the entire domain.…
By default, members of the Enterprise Admins…and Domain Admins group have full administrative rights…to DNS servers and everything else in the domain.…However, if we have somebody that we only want…to do DNS administrative task, then we have the option…of adding that person to DnsAdmins domain local group.…A person that has been added to the DnsAdmins domain…local group can actually do several different tasks.…One, they can perform DNS administrative task.…
These are DNS administrative task only,…not tasks that give them full control over the DNS server.…They also are able to add permissions…
This Windows training course helps you study for the exams while learning advanced server administration techniques. Professor Timothy Pintello covers all of the core exam topics, including DHCPv6, primary and secondary DNS zone configuration, working with different DNS resource record types, VPN routing, certificates for direct access, IPAM admin delegation, and more.
- Implementing advanced DHCP solutions
- Configuring DNS zones
- Configuring DNS records
- Implementing advanced DNS solutions
- Configuring VPN and routing
- Configuring direct access
- Deploying and managing IPAM
Skill Level Intermediate
Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-Vwith Timothy Pintello2h 24m Intermediate
1. Implement an Advanced Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Solution
2. Configure DNS Zones
3. Configure DNS Records
4. Configure DNS Record Options
5. Implement an Advanced DNS Solution
6. Configure Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Routing
8. Deploy and Manage IP Address Management (IPAM)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.