Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video DHCPv6, part of Windows Server 2012 R2: Configure Advanced Network Services.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Previously we were talking about scopes and…superscopes, we're talking about DHCP version four.…Now I'd like to talk about DHCP version six.…DHCP version six is included as part of the DHCP role that's…provided with the server 2012 released to the environment.…What DHCP version six does is it assigns IP version six…addresses to clients, much like the DHCP version four…assigns IP version four addresses to clients.…
One limitation of DHCP version six is that it's not able…to provide a default gateway address…like the DHCP version four is able to do.…Because a default gateway is not provided for…DHCP version six, IP addresses that are provided…using DHCP version six are not routable.…In order to make them routable,…further configuration has to be done.…Some of the operating systems that are able to solicit…IP version six addresses are as follows:…Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 10,…and Server 2012 and Server 2012 Release Two.…
To receive an IP version six gateway,…you have to configure the IP version six router…
This Windows training course helps you study for the exams while learning advanced server administration techniques. Professor Timothy Pintello covers all of the core exam topics, including DHCPv6, primary and secondary DNS zone configuration, working with different DNS resource record types, VPN routing, certificates for direct access, IPAM admin delegation, and more.
- Implementing advanced DHCP solutions
- Configuring DNS zones
- Configuring DNS records
- Implementing advanced DNS solutions
- Configuring VPN and routing
- Configuring direct access
- Deploying and managing IPAM
Skill Level Intermediate
Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-Vwith Timothy Pintello2h 24m Intermediate
1. Implement an Advanced Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Solution
2. Configure DNS Zones
3. Configure DNS Records
4. Configure DNS Record Options
5. Implement an Advanced DNS Solution
6. Configure Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Routing
8. Deploy and Manage IP Address Management (IPAM)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.