Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure secure dynamic updates, part of Windows Server 2012 R2: Configure Advanced Network Services.
- View Offline
- Now, let's go ahead and talk about…configuring secure dynamic updates.…Secure dynamic updates are by default, turned on…in active directory integrated zones, and are set to…only allow secure dynamic updates.…When a DNS record is created or updated by DHCP…it will automatically update A or AAAA records.…It will also automatically update the PTR records.…Finally, it will also be able to be configured so the…DHCP server is able to enable its DHCP name protection,…which was talked about earlier in this course.…
When DHCP name protection is enabled,…the DHCP server attempts to register…A, AAAA, and PTR records for the client.…If a different client already has that name registered…on the DNS server, the new registration that the DHCP…server tries to create under name protection will fail.…The name protection is only possible when…the secure dynamic updates is enabled.…Once you've enabled name protection on the…DHCP server, it allows the DHCP server…to honor requests for registration…from Windows DHCP clients.…
It also allows the DHCP server to automatically…
This Windows training course helps you study for the exams while learning advanced server administration techniques. Professor Timothy Pintello covers all of the core exam topics, including DHCPv6, primary and secondary DNS zone configuration, working with different DNS resource record types, VPN routing, certificates for direct access, IPAM admin delegation, and more.
- Implementing advanced DHCP solutions
- Configuring DNS zones
- Configuring DNS records
- Implementing advanced DNS solutions
- Configuring VPN and routing
- Configuring direct access
- Deploying and managing IPAM
Skill Level Intermediate
Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-Vwith Timothy Pintello2h 24m Intermediate
1. Implement an Advanced Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Solution
2. Configure DNS Zones
3. Configure DNS Records
4. Configure DNS Record Options
5. Implement an Advanced DNS Solution
6. Configure Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Routing
8. Deploy and Manage IP Address Management (IPAM)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.