Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure conditional forwards, part of Windows Server 2012 R2: Configure Advanced Network Services.
- View Offline
- Now let's go ahead and look at conditional forwards.…Conditional forwards specify DNS servers…to forward DNS request to.…The specified server is based on the DNS domain…from which request is made…as useful for when there are multiple internal namespaces…within a given organization.…The conditional forward allows DNS request to stay internal…to the network without having to go outside the network…to seek a DNS server that's not directly connected…to the network that you're actually on.…
This also makes it so you don't have to completely…take over a DNS server role…in order to set up a conditional forward.…Also, if you're using a conditional forward,…you don't have to set up secondary zones.…The conditional forward can be maintained…on an individual DNS server basis…and it can be also integrated into the Active Directory…and can be replicated.…Now, if we've looked at conditional forwards,…let's go ahead and see how we'd go about…creating a conditional forward.…
Now in this case, I have my secondary DNS server up…
This Windows training course helps you study for the exams while learning advanced server administration techniques. Professor Timothy Pintello covers all of the core exam topics, including DHCPv6, primary and secondary DNS zone configuration, working with different DNS resource record types, VPN routing, certificates for direct access, IPAM admin delegation, and more.
- Implementing advanced DHCP solutions
- Configuring DNS zones
- Configuring DNS records
- Implementing advanced DNS solutions
- Configuring VPN and routing
- Configuring direct access
- Deploying and managing IPAM
Skill Level Intermediate
Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-Vwith Timothy Pintello2h 24m Intermediate
1. Implement an Advanced Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Solution
2. Configure DNS Zones
3. Configure DNS Records
4. Configure DNS Record Options
5. Implement an Advanced DNS Solution
6. Configure Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Routing
8. Deploy and Manage IP Address Management (IPAM)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.