In this video, Meaghan Lewis describes how code coverage works and how analyzing code coverage reports can show what areas of the application are well tested or not.
- [Instructor] Code coverage is one…of the most popular metrics to analyze automated tests.…Coverage is measured by how much…of the code is used within tests.…It is helpful at visualizing which parts of the application…are well-tested and which are not.…Like all things with automated tests, luckily there are…many tools that can help provide a solution.…Code coverage tools are usually free…for open source projects and straightforward to set up.…Code coverage typically tracks statement,…branch, and function coverage.…
I'll go over to my terminal now…
- The test pyramid
- Unit, integration, and UI tests
- Creating an automation strategy
- Choosing test tools
- Deciding what to automation
- Identifying the risks and cost of automation
- Implementing test automation
- Using continuous integration
- Measuring code coverage
Skill Level Beginner
Value of automation1m 24s
1. Test Types
2. How to Approach Automation
3. Testing Tools
4. Decide What to Automate
5. Adopt Test Automation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.