In this video, learn how to set up Appium itself.
- [Male Speaker] There are several different ways … to install and run Appium. … The method we'll use in this course … is to download something called Appium Desktop, … which is a desktop app that makes … local Appium test development easy, … both because of the extra features it includes, … as well as the fact that it comes with all Appium's … dependencies built-in. … If you're ever in a position of needing to run … Appium tests in the context of a continuous integration … server, it would be best to simply pull Appium from NPM, … the note package manager, … but we'll use Appium Desktop. … To download Appium Desktop, … we can simply navigate to its Github page … and download the latest release. … So, I've navigated to github.com/appium/appium-desktop. … Here's the Appium Desktop homepage, … which has lots of useful information … you can check out later. … For now, let's go to the releases section. … Once we're here, we can simply download … the appropriate installer for our platform. …
- Appium server, clients, and drivers
- Appium setup
- Starting and stopping sessions
- Finding and using elements
- Intermediate Appium scripting
- Touch actions
- Mobile web testing
Skill Level Intermediate
Effective Android Testing for Mobile Developerswith Chiu-Ki Chan2h 56m Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
The Appium drivers4m 41s
2. Appium Setup
3. Appium Sessions
Session capabilities6m 22s
4. Finding and Using Elements
5. Intermediate Appium Scripting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.