In this video, Meaghan Lewis describes the pros and cons of using explicit waits and walks through an example of how to use explicit waits in test scripts.
- [Instructor] The explicit wait … waits for a specified amount of time … for a certain condition to be true. … If the condition is not met in the time specified, … an exception is thrown. … The explicit wait is intelligent. … It gives better options than an implicit wait. … It allows for more flexibility … as it will wait for dynamically located elements. … The first step to using explicit wait … is to define a new wait object by specifying … web driver wait wait is equal to new web driver wait. … This is part of the web driver wait class, … and this method takes the driver … and the max time to wait in seconds as parameters. … Once the wait object is declared, … we use that wait in addition to expected conditions … to specify what we are waiting for. … One example of expected conditions … is to wait for an element to become visible. … So putting that into a sample statement, … that can be declared by web element element … is equal to wait until expected conditions … dot visibility of element located by. …
- Using browser drivers and WebDriver
- Inspecting elements
- Selecting a locator
- Combining multiple CSS attributes
- Using common components
- Implicit and explicit waits
- Automating workflows
- Testing behaviors
- Using page objects
- Connecting to GitHub
- Running on the grid
- Using cloud-based testing tools
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Review Fundamentals
2. Succeeding with WebDriver
3. Using Advanced Locators
4. Interacting with Components
5. Synchronization Issues
6. Putting It All Together
7. Project Integration
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.