Meaghan Lewis demonstrates how to automate date pickers in WebDriver test scripts. Date pickers are components that are commonly used when filling out forms.
- [Instructor] I'm going to demonstrate…how to automate a Datepicker in a WebDriver test.…For this video, I'll be using the test application…at the Datepicker page.…This example utilizes a pretty typical Datepicker.…When clicking on the date field,…it opens up a Datepicker with today's date highlighted.…When I hover over other dates in the calendar,…those dates are highlighted,…and once I select a date,…the Datepicker closes,…and the field is populated with the selected date.…
Now, I'll start writing a test to automate the Datepicker.…I'll begin by opening up the exercise file for this video.…Hit zero four, zero three, start.…And I'll open that directory.…Once the project opens, I'll go to build, build project.…Remember to build,…and then I'll focus on filling in the details…for the Datepicker test class.…In this test, on line 12,…we create a new instance at the Chrome Driver.…
On line 14, navigate to the Datepicker application page.…Following that on line 16,…I wanna start filling in the details for my test.…So I'm gonna start by defining…
- Using browser drivers and WebDriver
- Inspecting elements
- Selecting a locator
- Combining multiple CSS attributes
- Using common components
- Implicit and explicit waits
- Automating workflows
- Testing behaviors
- Using page objects
- Connecting to GitHub
- Running on the grid
- Using cloud-based testing tools
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Review Fundamentals
2. Succeeding with WebDriver
3. Using Advanced Locators
4. Interacting with Components
5. Synchronization Issues
6. Putting It All Together
7. Project Integration
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.