Meaghan Lewis initializes the project as a Git repository and connect the projects to GitHub. Source control is a must when working on software projects.
- It's a good idea to connect a project…to a source control repository.…This way the project is hosted on the web…and isn't contained to one machine.…It is good for collaboration, by allowing the project…to be shared and worked on with others.…It also helps to allow further integrations…with the WebDriver project,…such as connecting it to a continuous integration server…to run test every time code changes in the repository.…I'll demonstrate setting up the exercise files directory,…with Git and GitHub.…
In order to do this, it's necessary to have Git.…If you don't already, it can be downloaded from…git-scm.com/downloads which is shown here.…And if you're not sure whether or not you have Git,…from the terminal you can type,…git space dash dash version, which will spit out a version…if you already have Git installed or an error if you do not.…Once Git is installed on your system,…you'll want to navigate to where…the exercise files are on your computer.…
On my computer, they're on my desktop.…So once you're at that location, you can type…
- Using browser drivers and WebDriver
- Inspecting elements
- Selecting a locator
- Combining multiple CSS attributes
- Using common components
- Implicit and explicit waits
- Automating workflows
- Testing behaviors
- Using page objects
- Connecting to GitHub
- Running on the grid
- Using cloud-based testing tools
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Review Fundamentals
2. Succeeding with WebDriver
3. Using Advanced Locators
4. Interacting with Components
5. Synchronization Issues
6. Putting It All Together
7. Project Integration
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.