Get started in test automation. Learn how to integrate automated testing into your QA or DevOps workflow.
- Automated testing provides confidence that the application under test is working as expected. In this course, I'll cover the steps involved to gain a strong test automation foundation. I'll explain models to help determine the types of automated test to use on a project, I'll share tips on getting started with test automation, choosing test tools, and deciding what to automate, and I'll close with strategies to maintain test automation over time. I'm Meaghan Lewis, and I'm a quality engineer and blogger who's passionate about testing and skilled in automation.
Let's start on a quest to discover how to succeed with test automation.
- The test pyramid
- Unit, integration, and UI tests
- Creating an automation strategy
- Choosing test tools
- Deciding what to automation
- Identifying the risks and cost of automation
- Implementing test automation
- Using continuous integration
- Measuring code coverage
Skill Level Beginner
Value of automation1m 24s
1. Test Types
2. How to Approach Automation
3. Testing Tools
4. Decide What to Automate
5. Adopt Test Automation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.