Meaghan Lewis automates an end-to-end workflow using Selenium WebDriver. Put together all the lessons taught about automating components in this video.
- [Presenter] Let's automate this form page…which demonstrates creating a new user account…for the Formy project.…This form has various components such as text fields,…radio buttons, check boxes, select menus, and a date picker.…After submitting the form,…the application is redirected to a confirmation page.…Now it's time to start automating this test.…I'll start by opening up the exercise file for this video…by navigating to chapter six, 06_01,…and opening up the start directory.…
Once the project opens, I'll go to Build, Build Project,…and once that's successful,…I'll start to fill in the details…for the test class called Form.…To do that, I'll hop back over to the test application…and go ahead and inspect the first name field…to get its locator.…I see that it has various attributes…such as a class and ID placeholder.…I'll go ahead and copy the ID here…and take it back to the test.…
And after navigating to the form on line 13,…I'll skip a line, and on line 15,…I want to define my web element and send keys to it.…
- Using browser drivers and WebDriver
- Inspecting elements
- Selecting a locator
- Combining multiple CSS attributes
- Using common components
- Implicit and explicit waits
- Automating workflows
- Testing behaviors
- Using page objects
- Connecting to GitHub
- Running on the grid
- Using cloud-based testing tools
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Review Fundamentals
2. Succeeding with WebDriver
3. Using Advanced Locators
4. Interacting with Components
5. Synchronization Issues
6. Putting It All Together
7. Project Integration
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.