Appium allows the automation of many platforms, including iOS and Android. Each platform is supported by one or more drivers, which you must choose between in order to run a test.
- [Narrator] Apart from the fact … that Appium has a client-server architecture, … the most important thing to know … about how Appium is designed is that it is built … around a number of platform-specific drivers. … A driver is a code module … that translates the WebDriver protocol … into actual automation behaviors for a particular platform. … Through the inclusion of a variety of different drivers, … Appium supports automation across a wide variety … of platforms, though of course, … the most popular platforms are iOS and Android. … The way it works is that your test script makes calls … to a single Appium server. … Based on the type of platform you want to automate, … for example, iOS, Appium will choose an appropriate driver … to handle commands for your test. … This means that each driver might be quite different … from other drivers. … The Android drivers for example, … must be written in Java in order to interface … with the Android testing tools. … The iOS XCUITestDriver, on the other hand, …
- Appium server, clients, and drivers
- Appium setup
- Starting and stopping sessions
- Finding and using elements
- Intermediate Appium scripting
- Touch actions
- Mobile web testing
Skill Level Intermediate
Effective Android Testing for Mobile Developerswith Chiu-Ki Chan2h 56m Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
The Appium drivers4m 41s
2. Appium Setup
3. Appium Sessions
Session capabilities6m 22s
4. Finding and Using Elements
5. Intermediate Appium Scripting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.