After completing this video, the learner will understand the value of the Security+ certification and how it contributes to career success.
- View Offline
- Why pursue a security certification?…There are three important benefits…to earning an information security certification…as a step in your career development.…Security certification demonstrates your commitment…to information security as a profession,…it can help you get a job,…and it can increase your earning potential.…Earning a certification requires dedication…and an investment of time and money.…When you earn a security certification,…you show your colleagues and potential employers…that you have made an investment in your career,…and specifically, in information security.…
You're not simply trying to find a job wherever you can.…You have a passion and an interest in our field…and have demonstrated a broad knowledge…of the many different disciplines of information security.…Certified individuals stand out.…Certification can also help you get a job.…In many cases, employers consider a security certification…as a minimum requirement…for many positions in information security.…If you don't have a certification on your resume,…
Join cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple as he shares with you tips on how to get ready for the exam and what to expect. He provides an overview of each exam topic, study tips, and suggestions for how to prepare yourself for the exam using practice assessments. He also provides instructions on how to register to take the exam.
This course works in coordination with the six-course Security+ series and provides a 90-question practice exam as a post-course assessment.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Evaluating information security careers
- Determining the value of acquiring certification
- Reviewing the six domains in the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Anticipating the testing environment
- Preparing for different types of questions
- Meeting the requirements to pass the exam
- Practicing for the exam