Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Is an incident a career-ending problem for a security professional?, part of Insights from a Cybersecurity Professional.
- View Offline
- A security incident absolutely does not…have to be a career-ending problem…for an information security professional.…Most organizations do understand…that security incidents happen…and the really important thing for security teams…is that they have a solid response plan in place.…After a security incident occurs,…the first thing that you want is a very quick response…that contains the damage and limits the extent…of the security incident.…The first responder to a security incident…really has that responsibility…to make sure that everything is contained,…that affected systems are cut off from the network,…and whatever's going on, the damage…to the organization is limited.…
Then what comes next is really thinking about…how we can perform an assessment, the root cause assessment,…to figure out what went wrong and let's do…a risk assessment to see what actions we could take…to make sure that something like this doesn't…recur again in the organization.…
- How does one break into the cybersecurity field?
- What are the various career tracks?
- How do organizations prevent a security breach?
- What are the compliance issues?
- Who is responsible for security in the cloud?
- How does IT security impact other business divisions?
These are the kinds of insights that can help you explore a new career, focus on a course of study, or even prepare for an interview.