Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Wireless signal propagation, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] The radio waves that carry…wireless network traffic are affected…by many different characteristics…as they travel across an area.…Building materials, antenna placement,…wireless power levels, and many other characteristics…can alter the flow, or propagation, of wireless signals.…First, there are many different types…of wireless antennas that may be used.…While many organizations use the simple antennas…built in to wireless access points,…there are other options available.…
There are two basic categories of antenna.…The basic antennas used with wireless access points…are known as omnidirectional antennas.…They transmit radio waves in a donut-shaped pattern.…The short, stubby, pole-like antennas…attached to wireless access points…are known as rubber ducks,…and are examples of omnidirectional antennas,…antennas that send that wireless signal…in almost every direction.…In some cases, network administrators may wish…to point a wireless signal in a specific direction,…such as when they're creating a point-to-point network…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.