After completing this video, the learner will understand how to affect wireless signal propagation, including antenna types and beamforming, site surveys and antenna placement, and power level controls.
- [Voiceover] The radio waves that carry…wireless network traffic…are affected by many different characteristics…as they travel across an area.…Building materials, antenna placement,…wireless power levels and many other characteristics…can alter the flow or propagation…of wireless signals.…First, there are many different types…of wireless antennas that may be used.…While many organizations use the simple…antennas built into wireless access points,…there are other options available.…
There are two basic categories of antenna.…The basic antennas used with wireless access points,…are known as Omnidirectional antennas.…They transmit radio waves in a doughnut shaped pattern.…The short stubby, pole-like antennas…attached to wireless access points,…are known as Rubber Ducks,…and are examples of Omnidirectional antennas.…Antennas that send that wireless signal…in almost every direction.…In some cases,…network administrators may wish to…point a wireless signal in a specific direction,…such as when they're creating a…point to point network between two buildings.…
This course is part of a six-course series on the CompTIA Security+ exam, and is useful for IT professionals who wish to learn more about information security as well as students preparing to take the Security+ exam.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Applying symmetric and asymmetric cryptography standards
- Implementing key management, including key exchange and key stretching
- Working with public keys, trust models, and digital certificates
- Using transport encryption protocols
- Securing wireless networks
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Wireless Security
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.