After completing this video, the learner will understand how wireless networks function and provide network access for mobile devices.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Wireless networking is everywhere.…We use wireless networks to provide network access…to our smartphones, tablets, and laptop computers…and to a wide variety of other devices…including televisions, thermostats,…and home automation systems.…As the use of wireless networks…continues to increase, the security of those networks…becomes of critical importance.…The most common wireless standard…in use today is Wi-Fi technology.…Wi-Fi is a set of standards governed by…the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers…and it describes the technical details of how…wireless devices may communicate with each other…and with wireless access points.…
The use of a standard for wireless communications…is absolutely essential because without a standard…wireless devices wouldn't speak the same language.…Standardization is what allows any Wi-Fi device…to work with any Wi-Fi network around the world.…Wi-Fi works by replacing the wires and cables…of wired networks with radio transmitters and receivers.…Every device that supports Wi-Fi…
This course is part of a six-course series on the CompTIA Security+ exam, and is useful for IT professionals who wish to learn more about information security as well as students preparing to take the Security+ exam.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Applying symmetric and asymmetric cryptography standards
- Implementing key management, including key exchange and key stretching
- Working with public keys, trust models, and digital certificates
- Using transport encryption protocols
- Securing wireless networks
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Wireless Security
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.