Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 1 Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities.
- [Instructor] I've designed this course with the beginner in mind. While you'll probably find it a little easier to complete this course, and the security plus certification, if you have a technology background that's not a requirement. If you're looking to get started in cybersecurity this course will provide you with all the information you need. If you're a technology professional with some security work under your belt, this course will help you fill in any gaps in your knowledge and build a solid foundation as you prepare to take the security plus exam.
Looking for study partners?Join the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam study group
The CompTIA Security+ exam is an excellent entry point for a career in information security. The latest version, SY0-501, expands coverage of cloud security, virtualization, and mobile security. This course prepares exam candidates for the critical Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities domain of the exam. By learning about malware, networking and application security exploitations, and social engineering, you'll be prepared to answer questions from the exam—and strengthen your own organization's systems and defenses. Author Mike Chapple, an IT leader with over 15 years of experience, also covers the processes for discovering and mitigating threats and attacks, and conducting penetration testing and scanning for vulnerabilities. Visit certmike.com to join one of his free study groups.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.