Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 1 Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities.
- [Instructor] I've designed this course with the beginner in mind. While you'll probably find it a little easier to complete this course, and the security plus certification, if you have a technology background that's not a requirement. If you're looking to get started in cybersecurity this course will provide you with all the information you need. If you're a technology professional with some security work under your belt, this course will help you fill in any gaps in your knowledge and build a solid foundation as you prepare to take the security plus exam.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.