Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video What are some of the key controls in the cloud?, part of Insights from a Cybersecurity Professional.
- Encryption is one of the most important controls…that an organization can use in the cloud.…I can't say enough about it.…Encryption is just awesome.…It's like waving a magic wand over your data.…If you use encryption appropriately,…you can take sensitive information…and turn it into non-sensitive information…that you can then put almost anywhere.…You can take encrypted data, put it in a cloud provider…or anywhere else, ship it over the internet, mail it,…with the confidence that nobody is going to be able…to decrypt that information…without access to your decryption keys.…
Now that's why key management is an absolutely…critical concern when you're using encryption…as a control in the cloud.…You need to make sure that you know…where those keys are, and that you manage access to them…very carefully, because if anyone gets access to those keys,…they're basically getting access to your data.…So when you're storing data in the cloud,…even when it's in an encrypted form,…you want to make sure that you don't also…store the decryption keys with that data,…
- How does one break into the cybersecurity field?
- What are the various career tracks?
- How do organizations prevent a security breach?
- What are the compliance issues?
- Who is responsible for security in the cloud?
- How does IT security impact other business divisions?
These are the kinds of insights that can help you explore a new career, focus on a course of study, or even prepare for an interview.