Earn your CompTIA Security+ certification. Study objectives related to the Architecture and Design domain of the exam, and learn to design more secure systems from the ground up.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Mike Chapple and I'd like to welcome you to our CompTIA Security+ Architecture and Design course. The CompTIA Security+ certification is one of the most popular entry-level certifications for information security professionals. Earning the Security+ certification requires passing an exam covering six different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains, Architecture and Design. This domain accounts for 15% of the questions on the real test and this course is part of a seven course series designed to prepare you for the Security+ exam.
In this course, we'll be focusing on explaining use cases for frameworks, best practices, and secure configuration guides, implementing secure network architectures, implementing secure system designs, developing and deploying software in a secure manner, securing embedded systems, using the Cloud and virtualization securely, using resiliency and automation to reduce risk, and implementing physical security controls.
The information you learn in this course will help you pass the Security+ exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. In addition to the information I cover in this course, I encourage you to visit my website at certmike.com and join my free Security+ Study Group. I'll send you exam tips, practice test questions, and reminders to help keep you on track with your test preparation. Alright, let's get rolling.
Instructor Mike Chapple has designed the training around the most recent version of CompTIA Security+, SY0-501, which expands coverage of mobile and cloud technologies. By learning about the topics in this course, you'll be prepared to answer questions from the latest exam—and strengthen your own organization's systems and defenses. To join one of Mike's free study groups, visit certmike.com.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Developing security baselines
- Leveraging standards
- Delivering and measuring user training
- Designing a secure network
- Designing secure systems, from the OS to peripherals
- Secure staging and deployment
- Securing smart devices and embedded systems
- Developing secure software
- Cloud computing and virtualization
- Securing hardware, facilities, data centers, and other physical risks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Security Design
2. User Training
3. Secure Network Design
4. Secure Systems Design
5. Secure Staging and Deployment
Software staging and release4m 51s
6. Embedded System Security
7. Software Development Security
8. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
9. Physical Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.