Interested in a career in IT security? Get insights from an expert. We interview Mike Chapple about the career path of the cybersecurity professional.
- View Offline
- My name is Mike Chappel. I'm an information security professional with 20 years of experience. I'm currently at the University of Notre Dame, where I have two roles. My first primary role, I'm the senior director for IT service delivery, and in that role I oversee all the functions in IT that cross through traditional silos of IT, so that includes information security as well as project management, architecture, product management, and data governance. The second role I have is I'm a faculty member in the university's computing and digital technologies program, and I teach an information security course.
So I've been around the security field for a long time, and now I'm doing it both in practice and as a faculty member.
- How does one break into the cybersecurity field?
- What are the various career tracks?
- How do organizations prevent a security breach?
- What are the compliance issues?
- Who is responsible for security in the cloud?
- How does IT security impact other business divisions?
These are the kinds of insights that can help you explore a new career, focus on a course of study, or even prepare for an interview.