Get prepared for taking the CompTIA Security+ Exam (SY0-401). Learn about the value of the certification and which IT professions specialize in information security. Review the six core information security domains found in the exam. Prepare for the test environment, the different question types, and the passing requirement expectations. Finally, test your knowledge using the included 90-question practice assessment.
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple. And I'd like to welcome you to our course on preparing for the Security+ exam. The CompTIA Security+ Certification is one of the most popular entry level certifications for information security professionals. This course serves as the introduction to a series of six courses, each one focused on one of the six domains of the Security+ exam. As you work your way through each of these courses, you'll pick up all of the knowledge you need to earn your Security+ certification.
As a CompTIA authorized content provider, we're ready to help you pass your certification exam on the first try. I've been an information security professional for over two decades in government, private industry and higher education. I hold both the Security+ and Certified Information Systems Security Professionals Certifications and I've been active as a security certification expert for many years. Two of my books, The CISSP Study Guide and the Security+ Training Kit are best selling guides that have helped thousands of students just like you earn security certifications.
In this course, I'll provide you with the background knowledge that you need to begin your preparations for the Security+ exam. We'll cover the value of the Security+ certification, describe the six domains of the Security+ curriculum, give you an insider's view of the exam, and help you design your own study strategy. All right, let's get rolling.
Join cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple as he shares with you tips on how to get ready for the exam and what to expect. He provides an overview of each exam topic, study tips, and suggestions for how to prepare yourself for the exam using practice assessments. He also provides instructions on how to register to take the exam.
This course works in coordination with the six-course Security+ series and provides a 90-question practice exam as a post-course assessment.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Evaluating information security careers
- Determining the value of acquiring certification
- Reviewing the six domains in the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Anticipating the testing environment
- Preparing for different types of questions
- Meeting the requirements to pass the exam
- Practicing for the exam