Study for the Compliance and Operational Security domain of the CompTIA Security+ exam. Learn about implementing security policies, managing risk, responding to incidents, planning for disaster recovery, and more.
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple and I'd like to welcome you to our CompTIA security+ compliance and operational security course. The CompTIA Security+ Certification is one of the most popular entry-level certifications for information security professionals. Earning the Security+ Certification requires passing an exam covering six different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains: compliance and operational security. This is the second course in a six-part series designed to help you prepare for the Security+ exam.
In this course, we'll be focusing on: designing security controls appropriate to your business environment; mitigating the risks associated with third party relationships; responding to security incidents; building a security awareness training program; creating business continuity and disaster recovery plans; and designing secure physical facilities. The information you learn in this course will help you pass the Security+ exam, and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security.
All right, let's get rolling.
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.