Introduces the fundamental concepts of securing a network, as needed to pass the CompTIA Security+ certification exam (SY0-401).
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our CompTIA Security+ network security course. The CompTIA Security+ certification is one of the most popular entry level certifications for information security professionals. Earning the Security+ certification requires passing an exam covering six different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains, network security. In this course we'll be focusing on building a strong foundation for your network, adding additional controls with network security devices, maintaining security in the worlds of virtualization and cloud computing, and managing secure networks.
The information you learn in this course will help you pass the Security+ exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. Alright, let's get rolling.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks