Wi-Fi technologies may introduce security concerns of their own. In this video, learn about various attacks against Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- [Announcer] In the previous video, you learned…how attackers can easily defeat WEP encryption…on wireless networks.…In this video, let's take a look at how…new attack techniques threaten to undermine the security…of newer encryption technologies.…Recall that there are four ways to protect traffic…on a wireless network.…We've already discussed how two of those…are woefully inadequate.…Running unencrypted wireless networks…leaves communications open for anyone to intercept.…Using wired equivalent privacy, or WEP, provides…a false sense of security because it is easily hacked.…
Let's talk a little more…about wi-fi protected access, or WPA.…WPA, like WEP, relies upon the RC4 encryption standard.…If you recall, the problem with WEP…is that hackers monitoring the network for…a long period of time can gather enough…clear-text information to determine the encryption key,…which never changes.…WPA adds a new twist to WEP:…the temporal key integrity protocol, or TKIP.…That's just a fancy way of saying that the encryption key…
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.