After completing this video, the learner will understand how to apply encryption technology to protect wireless network connections, including the differences between WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryption and the TKIP and CCMP protocols.
- [Voiceover] Network administrators may choose to add…encryption to wireless networks…to protect communications against eavesdropping.…Wireless encryption is a best practice for network security.…Encryption hides the true content of network traffic…from those without the decryption key.…It takes an insecure communication technology,…radio waves, and makes it secure.…You have four options when it comes to wireless encryption.…Two of them are bad.…First, using no encryption at all…and sending messages in the clear, open to anyone,…leaves everything on the network…vulnerable to eavesdropping.…
Second, using a technology…known as Wired Equivalent Privacy, or WEP,…uses a very weak encryption that is easy to hack.…I discuss attacks against WEP in the…Security Plus Threats and Vulnerabilities Course.…There are two options for wireless encryption…that are much better.…Wi-Fi Protected Access, or WPA,…uses the Temporal Key Integrity Protocol, or TKIP,…to add security that WEP didn't have.…TKIP changes the encryption key for each packet,…
This course is part of a six-course series on the CompTIA Security+ exam, and is useful for IT professionals who wish to learn more about information security as well as students preparing to take the Security+ exam.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Applying symmetric and asymmetric cryptography standards
- Implementing key management, including key exchange and key stretching
- Working with public keys, trust models, and digital certificates
- Using transport encryption protocols
- Securing wireless networks
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Wireless Security
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.