Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Virtualization, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Network Security.
- The world of enterprise computing has changed dramatically…over the years, and the advent of virtualization…is one of those transformative changes.…It was only a few decades ago, that enterprise computing…was confined to the world of the data center,…and its mainframe.…Dozens of computing professionals carefully tended…to this very valuable resource…that served as the organization's electronic nerve center.…Then, in 1980s and 1990s,…the enterprise IT landscape shifted dramatically.…
We moved away from the world of monolithic mainframes,…to a new environment of client/server computing.…This shift brought tremendous benefits.…First, it put computing power right on the desktop,…allowing users to perform many actions directly…on their own machines without requiring mainframe access.…Centralized computing improved also,…by allowing the use of dedicated servers…for specific functions.…It became much easier to maintain data centers…with discrete servers, than tending to a cranky mainframe.…
Over the past decade, we've seen another shift…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.