Every IT organization depends upon hardware, software, and services provided by outside vendors. Whether that comes in the form of server operating systems, database platforms, applications, managed services, or other technologies, administrators must understand how security issues arising from these vendor relationships can impact their organization. In this video, Mike Chapple takes a look at how vendors announcing the end-of-life for a product, failing to provide support, or using embedded systems impact security.
- [Instructor] Security professionals…must understand the impact that different types…of vulnerabilities may have on their organizations.…Over the next few videos,…I will explain the impact that vulnerabilities…from different categories may have on your organization.…This is some really important information…as you're preparing for the Security+ exam.…Every IT organization depends upon…hardware, software, and services…provided by outside vendors.…Whether that comes in the form of server operating systems,…database platforms, network devices, applications,…managed servers, or other technologies,…administrators must understand how the security issues…arising from these vendor relationships…can impact their organization.…
One of the most important vendor related issues…that security professionals must monitor,…are the end-of-life announcements…made by vendors about products used within the organization.…Every security professional knows…that patch management is…an incredibly important security issue,…and that staying current on security patches…
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.