After completing this video, the learner will understand the importance of vendor information management practices incuding preventing unauthorized data sharing, data ownership and backups.
- [Voiceover] As organizations begin…to increasingly use vendors for services…that include the storage, processing…and transmission of sensitive information,…they must pay careful attention…to the vendor's information management practices.…Data ownership issues often arise…in supplier relationships.…Particularly when the vendor is…creating information on behalf of the customer.…Agreements put in place prior to…beginning a new vendor relationship,…should contain clear language around data ownership.…In most cases, a customer will want…to ensure that the customer retains…uninhibited ownership of the information,…and that the vendor's right to use the information…is carefully limited to activities…performed on behalf of and with the…knowledge and consent of the customer.…
In addition, customers should ensure…that the contract includes language…that requires the vendor securely delete…all customer information within…an acceptable period of time after the relationship ends.…One particular area of concern is data sharing.…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.