Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video VPNs and VPN concentrators, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs,…provide two important network security functions…to IT administrators.…First, they allow the secure interconnection…of remote networks, such as connecting branch offices…to a corporate headquarters, or to each other.…Second, they provide mobile workers…with a mechanism to securely connect…from remote locations, back to the organization's network.…VPNs work by using encryption to create a virtual tunnel…between two systems over the internet.…
Everything that enters one end of the tunnel is encrypted…and then it is decrypted when it exits…the other end of the tunnel.…From the user's perspective,…the network appears to function normally.…But if an attacker gains access to traffic between…the two secure end points,…all they see is encrypted information…that they can't read.…VPNs require an endpoint on the remote network…that accepts VPN connections.…Many different devices may serve as VPN endpoints.…Such as a firewall, router, server,…or a dedicated VPN concentrator.…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.