Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video VPNs and VPN concentrators, part of CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep (SY0-401): Network Security.
- Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs,…provide two important network security functions…to IT administrators.…First, they allow the secure interconnection…of remote networks,…such as connecting branch offices…to a corporate headquarters…or to eachother.…Second, they provide mobile workers with a mechanism…to securely connect from remote locations…back to the organization's network.…VPNs work by using encryption to create a virtual tunnel…between two systems over the internet.…
Everything that enters one end of the tunnel is encrypted,…and then, it is decrypted when it exits the the other end…of the tunnel.…From the users perspective,…the network appears to function normally,…but if an attacker gains access to traffic…between the two secure endpoints,…all they see is encrypted information…that they can't read.…VPNs require an endpoint on the remote network…that accepts VPN connections.…Many different devices may serve as VPN endpoints,…such as a firewall, router,…server, or a dedicated VPN concentrator.…
All of these approaches provide secure VPN connections,…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.