After completing this video, the learner will understand important user habits that should be addressed in an information security awareness program, including passwords, data handling, clean desk policies, tailgating, BYOD security, social networking and peer-to-peer networking.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Security education programs should…include a wide variety of topics related to user habits.…By replacing risky habits with strong security habits,…organizations reduce the likelihood that user…accounts will become compromised.…Let's take a look at some of the habits that…security education programs should address.…Security training should include coverage of…password security practices.…Most organizations already have a password…security policy that enforces requirements…such as password complexity and password expiration.…
Security training programs should remind users…of these requirements, and also educate them…about the importance of requirements that…can't be enforced with technology.…For example, users should know that reusing…their work password on websites and other accounts…jeopardizes security because those websites…or other accounts may become compromised.…Organizations should also include data handling…procedures in their security training programs.…Users must know the proper ways to store,…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.