Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Unified threat management, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] We've talked about a lot of different…security devices in this course,…and one of the major issues associated with them…is that purchasing all of these devices…can be very expensive,…particularly for a small or midsized organization.…Unified threat management, or UTM solutions,…try to solve this problem by combining many different…security functions on a single device.…UTM products start by performing the basic functions…of a firewall and router,…protecting the network against many attacks,…blocking unsolicited traffic,…and routing traffic to and from the internet.…
They then add some of the security features…we've discussed in this course including VPN connectivity,…intrusion detection, and intrusion prevention.…UTM products also often include other features…useful to small businesses that might not be found…in enterprise security devices.…For example, they often perform both URL filtering…to block unwanted websites,…and content inspection to remove malicious web content…returned by otherwise trusted servers.…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.