Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Unified threat management, part of CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep (SY0-401): Network Security.
- We've talked about a lot of different security devices…in this course,…and one of the major issues associated with them…is that purchasing all of these devices…can be very expensive,…particularly for a small or mid-sized organization.…Unified threat management or UTM solutions…try to solve this problem…by providing many different security functions…on a single device.…UTM products start by performing the basic functions…of a firewall and router,…protecting the network against many attacks,…blocking unsolicited traffic,…and routing traffic to and from the internet.…
They then add some of the security features we've discussed…in this course, including VPN connectivity,…intrusion detection,…and intrusion prevention.…UTM products also often include other features…useful to small businesses…that might not be found in enterprise security devices.…For example, they often perform both URL filtering…to block unwanted websites,…and content inspection to remove malicious web content…returned by otherwise trusted servers.…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.