In this video, learn about cross-site request forgery.
- [Instructor] Another danger of facing web applications…is the threat of cross-site request forgery.…These attacks are similar to cross-site scripting attacks,…but even more nefarious.…First, one quick note on terminology for the exam.…Cross-site request forgery also goes by two acronyms,…some people call it CSRF,…while others use the XSRF acronym.…Others even pronounce the acronym and call it sea surf.…
All of these terms refer to the same attack.…As you may recall, cross-site scripting attacks…occur when an attacker exploits a third party website…to include scripts written by the attacker,…in input shown to other users.…The user's web browser then executes that code…when it visits the site.…Cross-site request forgery attacks go a step further,…and prey upon the fact that users often have…multiple sites open at the same time,…and may be logged in to many different sites,…in different browser tabs.…
As you may have noticed,…authenticated sessions cross over between those tabs.…Cross-site request forgery attacks leverage this…
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.