Security professionals often find themselves in situations where they need to troubleshoot the configuration of security devices. In this video, Mike Chapple takes a look at how to remediate weak security configurations as well as common issues with conte
- [Instructor] Security professionals often find themselves…in situations where they need to troubleshoot…the configuration of security devices.…Earlier in this course, you learned about troubleshooting…firewall rule-base issues.…Now let's take a look at some common device issues,…as well as specifically discussing content filters…and access points.…The single most common security issue with any type…of device is the use of outdated software or firmware.…If you've taken any of my security courses, you know…that I repeat this point over and over again,…because it is so incredibly important.…
Security updates fix critical issues…on devices and applications,…and it is imperative that you apply them promptly.…Unpatched systems are often defenseless against exploits.…Another common security misconfiguration…is the use of weak ciphers and hashes.…Many different security technologies depend upon…the use of cryptography to protect sensitive information…and for authentication.…Those technologies are only as secure as the cryptographic…
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.