After completing this video, the learner will understand how Tor provides anonymous web browsing and implements perfect forward secrecy.
- [Voiceover] Tor is a software package that provides…an anonymous, secure way for individuals…to access the internet.…Tor also enables access to anonymous websites that…are commonly known as the dark web.…Tor, which stands for The Onion Router,…uses encryption and relay nodes to hide the true sources…and destinations of network communications.…Tor is widely used in the security community,…and was made popular by NSA leaker, Edward Snowden,…when he used it to transfer secrets to The Washington Post…and other media outlets in 2013.…
Let's take a look at how Tor works.…Suppose that there's a user, Alice, who wishes to…visit a website, The Washington Post,…but doesn't want that website to know her identity.…She also doesn't want anyone along the way…to know who she is.…Alice opens a Tor browser on her computer,…and types in the websites URL, washingtonpost.com.…Alice's Tor browser then accesses a Tor directory server,…and loads a list of all of the Tor nodes currently…available on the internet.…
Now, this is a very long list,…
This course is part of a six-course series on the CompTIA Security+ exam, and is useful for IT professionals who wish to learn more about information security as well as students preparing to take the Security+ exam.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Applying symmetric and asymmetric cryptography standards
- Implementing key management, including key exchange and key stretching
- Working with public keys, trust models, and digital certificates
- Using transport encryption protocols
- Securing wireless networks
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Wireless Security
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.