After completing this video, the learner will understand the objectives of the Threats and Vulnerabilities domain of the Security+ exam.
- The third domain of the Security+ exam,…threats and vulnerabilities,…makes up 20% of the questions on the Security+ exam.…It has eight objectives.…In the first objective for this domain,…you'll be asked to explain the types of malware.…This includes an understanding of adware,…spyware, viruses,…Trojan horses, back doors,…and other threats.…You'll need to understand the propagation methods…and payloads used by various types of malicious code.…
The second objective for this domain…is that you be able to summarize various types of attacks.…This includes coverage of denial-of-service attacks,…replay attacks, smurf attacks,…and various types of spoofing.…You also need to understand the flavors of spam…and phishing attacks.…These include vishing, spear phishing,…whaling,…pharming,…and spim.…This objective also requires that you have…a good understanding of network attacks,…like DNS poisoning and ARP poisoning,…as well as an understanding of password attacks,…like brute force attacks, dictionary attacks,…and the use of rainbow tables.…
Join cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple as he shares with you tips on how to get ready for the exam and what to expect. He provides an overview of each exam topic, study tips, and suggestions for how to prepare yourself for the exam using practice assessments. He also provides instructions on how to register to take the exam.
This course works in coordination with the six-course Security+ series and provides a 90-question practice exam as a post-course assessment.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Evaluating information security careers
- Determining the value of acquiring certification
- Reviewing the six domains in the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Anticipating the testing environment
- Preparing for different types of questions
- Meeting the requirements to pass the exam
- Practicing for the exam