Threat intelligence is a critical component of any organization's cybersecurity program, allowing them to stay current on emerging cybersecurity threats. In this video, Mike Chapple explains how organizations conduct threat intelligence and open-source intelligence operations.
- [Instructor] Threat intelligence is a critical component…of any organization's cybersecurity program.…Threat intelligence allows organizations…to stay current on emerging cybersecurity threats.…Broadly defined, threat intelligence consists…of the set of activities that an organization…undertakes to educate itself about changes…in the cybersecurity threat landscape,…and integrate information about changing threats…into its cybersecurity operations.…
There is a ton of information available online…about cybersecurity threats.…In fact, you could probably make a full-time job…just out of reading about cybersecurity.…Now, most of us don't have time to read all day,…but every security professional should take the time…to remain current on the field.…Gathering information from freely available public sources…is known as open-source intelligence.…Some of the more common sources of open-source intelligence…include security websites, the general news media,…social media, government-sponsored cybersecurity…analysis centers, and security research organizations.…
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.