After completing this video, the learner will understand the different types of tests that evaluate the effectiveness of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, including read-through tests, walk-through tests, simulations, parallel tests and full interruption tests.
- [Voiceover] Disaster recovery plans are critical…to ensuring the continuity of business operations.…As with any security control, disaster recovery plans…should be tested to ensure that the plan functions properly,…and will be ready to restore business operations…in the event of a disruption.…Each test of a disaster recovery plan has two goals:…First, it validates that the plan functions correctly,…and that disaster recovery technology will work…in the event of an actual disaster.…
Second, the disaster recovery test provides an opportunity…to identify necessary updates to the plan,…due to technology or business process changes.…Let's talk about five types of disaster recovery testing.…Read-throughs, walk-throughs, simulations, parallel tests,…and full interruption tests.…Read-throughs are the simplest form…of disaster recovery testing.…They're also known as checklist reviews.…In this approach, disaster recovery staff…distribute copies of the current plan…to all personnel involved in disaster recovery efforts,…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.